IT IS AN UNFORTUNATE REALITY THAT DOGS ARE CONSIDERED AN ACCESSORY BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
Why people post to social networks and outlets such as Craigslist for certain breed of dogs with a "guarantee to pay the highest price" is beyond reason WHEN all that is needed is simply to:
1. Contact a shelter near you tell them what type of dog ( or cat ) your are looking for and wait until one is dropped off.
2. Contact a rescue ( for example the "Greyhound Rescue" ) give them your contact info - one will be dropped off if there is not one already in residence.
REMEMBER All Breeds of cat and dog will be a local shelter or rescue at some point in your quest to find your "must have" breed.
BE PATIENT some one some where will find that their new dog is now "old" "out of date" or "out of style".
"Adopt don't Shop" is not just an mantra of the animal minded it is a practical slogan to reduce the numbers of unwanted dog and cat births which take place every day by people who consider all breed of cat and dog mere commodity.
PLEASE STOP SUPPORTING:
1. Granny Basement "Supplement her income" Breeding.
2. Soccer Mom's "saccharin smiling with the kids breeding".
3. "Have to pay my graduate bills" breeding.
4. Just crossed the boarder and or Just flew into JFK and "got no money" immigrant breeding.
5. Won the Super Bowl and now I can have my friends in the NFL over to my house to watch lost and shelter dogs as Dog Bait - Dog Fighting Breeding.
6. Neighbor not resilient nor resourceful "got to save my house and will use it as a puppy mill breeding".